Veterinary Clinic Careers
At Frisco Animal Hospital, we are always glad to accept resumes from enthusiastic, hard-working, dependable, team oriented people who wish to join our team of veterinary health care professionals. Contact us to learn more today!
Full-time Associate DVM
Frisco Animal Hospital located in Frisco, Colorado is seeking a seasoned Full-Time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
Frisco, CO is a tight-knit mountain community in the heart of the Rockies that considers their furry friends as family members. Our team takes pride in knowing that we provide progressive pet care while creating client trust and improving pets’ health. The ideal candidate for this position is a doctor who is passionate about their work, values and thrives in the special culture of our hospital, and effectively communicates and collaborates with our existing team to provide the highest standards of care to our patients. We feel fortunate to provide the level of veterinary care in this community that we do, while still having endless recreational opportunities in our back yards!
- About Our Hospital · We are a 3-doctor, progressive, and paperless practice that offers state-of-the-art medical care
We are highly focused on DENTISTRY and oral health
Our equipment includes:
- Digital x-ray
- Telemedicine consults on all x-rays/ultrasounds
- Digital dental radiographs
- Complete in-house laboratory, as well as Idexx referral lab
- Brand new Aloka A6 ultrasound with great cardiac imaging capability
- Therapeutic K-Laser
- Dedicated surgery suite
- Dedicated and fully equipped dental suite
- Electronic medical records
We collaborate with James Gaynor, DVM, MS, who is a board certified veterinary anesthesiologist and a Certified Veterinary Pain Practitioner, and works out of our facility one day/week
We encourage and support the cultivation of doctors’ special veterinary interest
We offer excellent benefits, including Student Loan Refinancing discounts for employees and family members, as well as mobile phone plan discounts!
Shared Ski Pass to Copper Mountain Ski Resort
About Frisco, Colorado
- Charming town nestled in the Rocky Mountains -- just 1 hour drive to Denver
- Four major ski resorts are located in close proximity to Frisco: Copper Mountain (7 miles), Breckenridge (10 miles), Keystone (13 miles), and Arapahoe Basin (16 miles)
- Home to the Frisco Bay Marina on the Dillon Reservoir which offers boat, kayak and SUP rentals
Numerous mountain biking/hiking trails accessible from most doorsteps
- The Blue River runs through town – a paradise for fly fishing and rafting
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university
- At least one year of experience as an Associate DVM
- Licensure in good standing to practice in CO
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively
- Manages time and tasks appropriately
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.