Stem Cell Regenerative Therapy
Frisco Animal Hospital is happy to have Dr. James Gaynor from Peak Performance Veterinary Group (link to peakvets.com) and his ability to offer Vet-Stem Cell Therapy to our patients. Dr. Gaynor has been providing stem cell therapy to dogs and cats from around the United States since 2006.
Thousands of dogs have now been treated with stem cells from their own fat for arthritis, tendon and ligament injuries, and muscle injuries. Not only that, but Vet-Stem is evaluating new uses for stem cells that may be available in the not too distant future.
Call Dr. Gaynor today at 719-330-5608 or send him an email at email@example.com to schedule a consultation to see if stem cell therapy is right for your dog or cat.
Watch a short video to see how a dog named Malibu responded to stem cell therapy.
What Results Have Dog Owners Reported?
- Greater than 80% of dogs with arthritis have improved Quality of Life
- Here are outcome survey results for Older Dogs
- Here are outcome survey results for Younger Dogs
- Here are outcome survey results for Dogs on Pain Medication
What is the Process?
Stem cells are processed from your pet’s own fat.
What Do Stem Cells Do?
Stem Cell Therapy in Development
Vet-Stem is currently evaluating the use of stem cells for treatment of:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Immune mediated diseases
- Heart disease
Store Stem Cells Now
Use Stem Cells in the Future
StemInsure® Providing a Lifetime of Stem Cells for Your Dog
Why Store Stem Cells for Your Dog? As your dog ages, he is likely to develop arthritis or injure a cruciate ligament. The StemInsure service allows fat to be collected when your dog is healthy and stores your dog's own Stem Cells so that they can be cultured to supply a lifetime of stem cell therapy.
- We will collect a small sample of fat during a surgical procedure such as a spay, neuter or other surgery requiring anesthesia.
- We then ship the fat overnight to Vet-Stem for processing and stem cell banking.
- In the future, when your dog needs stem cells, we can order cell culturing to provide a lifetime of stem cell therapy for your dog.
Banked Dose Processing
- We can order the banked doses of stem cells to treat your dog any time in the future after culturing.
What can be Treated with Stem Cells?
- Current uses include arthritis, tendon and ligament injuries, and muscle injuries.
- Future uses may include treatment of kidney, liver, heart, and immune mediated diseases.
Benefits of StemInsure
- Store stem cells while your dog is young and healthy.
- One fat collection can provide a lifetime of stem cell therapy for your dog.
- StemInsure can be an affordable way to store stem cells for your dog.
- Cell culturing and banked dose processing incur additional cost. We can provide you with estimates of potential future costs for treatment.
- Vet-Stem will store the StemInsure sample for one year at no charge. After one year Vet-Stem will bill you directly for the storage of the StemInsure sample which is only $50 per year.